Cigars can’t be stored in a brand-new humidor and are expected to stay fresh. Why? It is important to properly prepare your humidor. This is why we have provided instructions on how to make a new humidor.
- Wipe down the entire interior of the Premium Cigar Humidorswith distilled water using a paper towel and a soft cloth.
- Put the humidification device in a small bowl of distilled drinking water. Allow it to soak for 5-10 seconds.
- After a few seconds, attach your humidifier unit to the top of your humidor. (Or in the case of glass top humidors place it to either the left or right side according to the instructions.)
- Repeat step 1 after 12 hrs. Does not skip this step. If you place cigars too soon in your humidor, the humidifier will not be able to retain enough humidity.
Caring For Your Humidor
Your humidor can last you many years of service if it is properly maintained. These tips will help you maintain and care for your investment.
- Avoid putting your humidor in danger of being crushed.
- Keep your humidor out of direct sunlight. This could damage the wood and cause heat to build up beyond what is safe.
- Place objects on top of the humidor.
- For humidor cleaning, use a soft towel.
- You can use furniture polish or beeswax safely on your humidor for cleaning or polishing.
- Regular dusting will maintain its appearance.
- Your humidor interior should not be wiped with any liquid or water, as this can cause wood to crack.
Preparation of your Humidor
Submerge your humidifier in distilled. Most humidors have a small, circular humidifier. If your humidor does, you can order one online. Fill a bowl with distilled water. Place the humidifier inside the bowl. Keeps the humidifier facing down? It should be submerged for at least 2 to 3 mines.
Remove the humidifier and wipe away any water using a paper towel. Use only distilled water. A humidor could be damaged if it is filled with tap water. Place a plastic bag, and a moist sponge, in the humidor. Open your humidor. Line the bottom with plastic bags. You can dampen the sponge with distilled water. Then, place the sponge on top.
These will be mounted on the inside lid of your humidor. It should be easy to determine where to place the pieces by looking at their positions. If in doubt, consult the manual of your humidor. Once the humidor is set up, turn off the hygrometer. Put the humidor away from direct sunlight. Keep it closed for 12-24 hours.
Repeat the entire process once again after 12 to 24 hours. Put the Premium Cigar Humidors into water. Then, cover the humidor with plastic wrap and a sponge. After that, you can install the humidifier as well as the hygrometer. The humidor should be left to cool for between 12 and 24 hours. When you’re done, humidity should be between 65 and 75%.